Novec 1230 (Sapphire systems)
Gas fire extinguishing agent Novec 1230 is a substance of new generation, it is an alternative to halon providing excellent performance, a large safety margin and excellent environmental friendly performance.
- Extinguishing equipment under voltage;
- Zero potential of ozone depletion;
- Life time in the atmosphere is 5 days;
- Global warming potential equal to 1;
- Large safety margin for areas occupied by people.
Novec 1230 Fire Protection Fluid can be effectively used in total and localized systems of fire and explosion suppression in the following areas:
- Computing centers;
- Commercial aviation;
- Commercial marine vessels;
- Oil and gas and petrochemical facilities;
- Buildings and constructions for civil purposes.
Gas fire extinguishing agent Novec 1230 Fire Protection Fluid is based on a proprietary chemical reagent 3M called FLUORINATED KETONE. The full chemical name of this compound is dodecafluoro-2-methylpentan-3-one. According to the ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers) nomenclature, adopted in the standards for pure reagents NFPA 2001 and ISO 14520, it is called FK-5-1-12.
Novec 1230 Fire Protection Fluid offers a unique combination of safety, low environmental impact and fire suppression performance, making it the first chemical halon substitute to provide a viable, durable and reliable technology for fire protection in high-risk situations.
Write to us
Our managers will answer you as soon as possible.